We appreciate the opportunity to present our driving training program to you and to demonstrate it's proven record of success in training individuals, with no previous experience, in the skills of CDL Tractor-Trailer Driving. Before applying to any tractor trailer driving program, however, you should be aware of the requirements of the state of Georgia:
Minimum Requirements required by the state of Georgia include: Minimum age of 18, Valid Georgia driver's license, Ability to pass DOT physical, drug screen, and alcohol test. Also, you must be able to read and speak English well enough to read road signs, prepare reports, and communicate with the public and with law enforcement.
We also offer a state approved refresher course with a certificate for the driver that's been out of a truck for a while and want's to restart their driving career at a higher rate of pay!!!!!
- Pre-Trip Inspection training
- Work to Obtain Class A CDL Permit
- Teach general knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination Vehicles sections of the GA CDL Manual
- Learn in a classroom equiped with latest, state of the art Technology
- Instruct drivers to record hours of service, driver's daily log book, trip planning, map reading, and D.O.T. requirements of driver and equipment management. Also covered are Hazardous Materials, Doubles-Tripples, and Tank Vehicle endorsements.
- After your permit is obtained, you will be able to drive with a licensed instructor at our school and in traffic.
- If you have not obtained the permit by the end of the first week, we will continue to train you at no additional charge. YOUR success is OUR goal.
- Practice pre-trip inspection on 8 acre range
- Learn 6 basic backing maneuvers:
- Straight line backing, Parallel parking site side and blind side, offset to the left and right, and 90 degree alley docking.
- Manuevers will be practiced until you feel comfortable and are proficient at them.
- At the end of the week, you must pass the skills test to move on the road. If you do not pass, we will continue to train you, at no additional charge until you pass and are ready to move on.
- You will be on the road, learning double clutching, up-shifting and down-shifting techniques.
- The custom-designed training trucks depart every morning for a full day of training.
- You will experience 2 and 4 lane highways, mountain grades, rural areas, and heavy city traffic to prepare you for success in "real life" situations.
- The most important part of any driver training is "Behind-the-Wheel" experience.
- Great Southern Driving Academy strives to maintain high average in the categories of range and road training.