12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 469-4446 | Alt: (913) 469-8500 | Website
If you're considering a career as a professional truck driver, JCCC's fully accredited Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A) training program can prepare you for a lucrative future in the growing commercial trucking industry. And our flexible class options make it easy to complete your training, even if you have a busy schedule.
A Commercial Driver’s License is required to operate large, heavy vehicles that sometimes contain hazardous material. JCCC’s CDL training program combines class time, direct online study and behind-the-wheel training in a variety of course configurations. You’ll be prepared to take and pass your CDL-A test after taking our nine-week CDL training class.
Why Earn Your CDL-A at Johnson County Community College?
Earning a CDL-A will open many opportunities for you. Many national companies seek out skilled truck drivers, which makes it a field that is in high demand. Drivers can earn excellent starting pay — some first-year drivers earn $50,000 per year, and team drivers can make more than $70,000 a year. Many companies in the industry offer great bonuses and incentives for the right positions.
Additional Benefits of Having a CDL-A:
- Most truck drivers receive great employee benefits, including paid time off, paid health insurance, and 401(K) plans.
- Truck drivers have freedom to choose. There are local driving opportunities as well as regional and long haul, and some positions offer the opportunity to drive solo while other jobs offer work in teams.
- A CDL is a ticket to a broad future. You can drive a few years, then advance to other positions like recruiter, supervisor, or dispatcher—or continue to log miles from the cab of a truck.
About the JCCC CDL Training Program
JCCC's CDL training program is unique. We are dedicated to teaching you everything you’ll need to be successful in the commercial trucking industry. Here are a few things that we offer:
- Our maximum class size is 12 students and we maintain a low student-to-instructor ratio — 2:1 where the industry is 4:1 — so you get personalized attention from experienced instructors.
- Our 9-week training course combines classroom time — only 5 hours per week — with up to 60 hours of behind-the-wheel range training to ensure you gain the skills you need to succeed as a truck driver.
- At a course cost just under $5,000, it's a fast, affordable path to a new career. And funding options are available for the right students.
After completing JCCC’s CDL Training program, you will be prepared to pass your CDL skills test in either Missouri or Kansas.
JCCC’s CDL Training is your first step to hitting the road toward a fulfilling career in the commercial trucking industry.