CDL Driving Lessons
All CDL training applicants must comply with all medical fitness and vision requirements. The minimum age for a CDL license is 18, but you must be 21 to apply for a hazardous material or passenger CDL endorsements, or to drive any commercial vehicle outside of the state (interstate).
Class A CDL License
If you are interested in tractor trailer driving you will need to have a Class A CDL license. With a Class A CDL license you can also operate Class B vehicles and Class C vehicles, provided you have the proper extra CDL endorsements.
The first step is to begin studying and preparing for your theory tests with our proven method of study. You must pass 3 theory tests: general knowledge, air brakes and combination vehicles. The theory tests are administered at most Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) locations and consist of 50 questions for general knowledge, 25 questions for air brakes, 25 questions for combination vehicles.
After you pass all 3 required theory tests you will then begin to view our instructional videos, and you will also begin your driving lessons. Once you have mastered tractor trailer driving, we will take you to your road tests.
Class B CDL License (Straight Truck, Bus)
If you are interested in straight truck driving or a bus driving you will need to have a Class B CDL license. With a Class B CDL license you can also operate Class C vehicles, provided you have the proper extra CDL endorsements.
The first step is to begin studying and preparing for your theory tests with our proven method of study. You must pass 2 theory tests: general knowledge and air brakes. The theory tests are administered at most MVC locations and consist of 50 questions for general knowledge and 25 questions for air brakes.
After you pass both required theory tests you will then begin to view our instructional videos, and you will also begin your driving lessons. Once you have mastered straight truck driving and/or bus driving, we will take you to your road test.
Bus: If you wish to use your Class B CDL license for bus driving you must also meet the requirements for a passenger CDL endorsement.
It is recommended that you pass the requirements for the passenger CDL endorsement when you are going for your Class B CDL license because the difference in cost is minimal and you will be able to drive a full-sized bus in addition to a straight truck.
- Double & Triple Trailers: Needed for tractor trailer drivers pulling two or three trailers. A Class A CDL license is required to operate this type of vehicle.
- Passengers: Needed for operators of all motor vehicles designed to transport 8 or more passengers (including the driver). Applicants for this CDL endorsement must have at least 3 years of driving experience, be at least 21 years of age, pass a physical examination and be fingerprinted.
- Tank Vehicles: Needed for operators of CDL vehicles that transport liquids or gas in bulk.
- Hazardous Materials: Needed for operators of CDL vehicles transporting hazardous materials. Must be trained and retested every two years. Applicants for this CDL endorsement must be at least 21 years of age.
E-Z Wheels Driving School was originally established in 1997 at 1516 Summit Avenue in Union City, NJ. The school began its operations with one automobile, one tractor trailer, one bus and a small core of four staff members.
- In 1998, we expanded our Union City office to include a classroom and we upgraded our fleet to include another automobile and another tractor trailer and we added two members to our staff.
- With continued success in 1999, we again expanded our fleet to include another tractor trailer and we also added another staff member.
- In 2000, we improved our fleet by adding another tractor trailer and another automobile and we added two more staff members. We also expanded our training yard space to accommodate our vehicles.
- In 2001, we opened a branch location in Passaic, NJ. We also added two tractor trailers and another bus to the fleet and we added three more staff members.
- In 2003, we moved our main branch in Union City to much larger office next door, 1518 Summit Avenue.
- In 2005, we opened another branch location in Hopelawn, NJ.
- In 2013, we opened our fourth branch conveniently located for our union county students in Elizabeth, N.J.
Today, E-Z Wheels Driving School has three office locations. Each is fully equipped with a classroom and a space to view instructional videos. Our fleet consists of seven automobiles, eight tractor trailers and four large buses. All of our vehicles are industry standard and meet all New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (NJMVC) requirements. Our staff now consists of twelve members. Our driving instructors are all patient, friendly and highly trained and are certified by NJMVC. All of our staff members are fluent in English and Spanish and two of them are also fluent in Portuguese.
Since its inception E-Z Wheels Driving School’s management and staff has been providing quality driving instruction and CDL training to New Jersey residents. Our great success has resulted from our strong commitment to honesty, patience and hard work. We also strive to provide our clients with a pleasant family atmosphere. Many of our clients remain in contact with and visit the school long after they have completed their training.
Come be a part of our family and start a new career as a commercial vehicle driver.