Class A CDL Truck Driver Training
The Tri-C Transportation Center is unique. Unlike many other truck driving schools, Tri-C offers small class sizes, which allow us to give more attention during training. Furthermore, all of our trucks have been completely redesigned to enhance student safety and learning as we ensure our students train in a safe and healthy environment.
160 hours of classroom and hands-on training and testing provides instruction in driver safety, transporting cargo safety, air brakes, combination vehicles, tank vehicles, and hazardous materials. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control, and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
We also introduce students to the new CSA methodology for scoring carriers and drivers, where any safety violations are organized into the seven BASICs.
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
- Industry related equipment
- Eaton autoshift transmission
- 10-speed manual transmission
- Eaton's VORAD® Collision Avoidance Radar
- Extremely small classes
- 40 hours classroom instruction
- 40 hours minimum actual behind the wheel that is a combination of skills training (maneuverability) and road training.
- 80 hours of combined time spent observing skills, working on the Pre-Trip Inspection that is required to pass the state - CDL test, plus the actual CDL state test itself.
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) opened in 1963 as Ohio's first community college and remains Ohio's oldest and largest public community college.
For more than 50 years Tri-C has provided high quality, affordable education and programs to more than 900,000 members of our community.
Tuition at Tri-C is the lowest in the state of Ohio.