The College of DuPage Truck Driving School Class A CDL Program is high-quality, student-focused training that gives you the skills and experience to get on the road to a well-paying job. Employers know our name and our program - and they trust the quality of our graduates. Our drivers get jobs. Be trained and "ready to roll" with a fully endorsed CDL license in as little as six weeks. You will learn on the road as you build confidence and gain understanding of the trucking industry and the requirements of safe truck driving. Located conveniently at COD's Addison campus.
Prepare for the CDL examination with in-depth training that includes over-the-road, maneuvers, skills yard, and classroom time. This program exceeds all requirements of the Illinois Secretary of State to test for the CDL Class A license. Conveniently located in Addison, IL, COD's Truck Driving School is close to Chicago and the suburbs.
What is Included
- We will provide you with support materials to prepare for the student permit tests you must pass prior to entering your six weeks of training.
- The State of Illinois examiners come to our facility when your course is completed and you are ready to test for your Commercial Driver's License. You will be testing in the yard, on the test routes and in the equipment you have become familiar with during your training.
- Tuition includes assistance with job placement. To date, we have had a 100 percent placement rate.
- Our partner trucking companies regularly visit the training facility to recruit for their organizations.
- Three license endorsements are included to advance your qualifications: hazardous materials, tankers and double/triple trailers.
The course is up to 240 hours over 6 weeks.
Since its inception in 1967, College of DuPage has matured into something very special. It's a community college with far-reaching impact. We're firmly rooted in the community that provides our mandate, yet committed to reflecting the needs and demands of an ever-changing world.
From our faculty through to our Board of Trustees, we understand the importance of remaining relevant on multiple levels: interpersonal, academic, civic, cultural and economic. With a steady eye on regional, national and international developments, College of DuPage fulfills its mission as an educational and economic agent of change for the residents it serves.
Beyond all other considerations, though, we are educators, devoted to the idea that knowledge is transformative. We believe there are few things more powerful than a mind engaged. We are excited by the possibilities ignited when knowledge is imparted through meaningful discourse, in the service of realizing each and every one of our community member's full potential.
We invite you to find out more about the world-class institution available to you and your family, right here at home.